Slow paced well-being defines Saint Malo. Its way of life makes it a perfect place to recharge your batteries! Saint Malo is a top destination for those who espouse well-being and a Zen attitude with accommodations and restaurants that promise la dolce vita. It is a rising hot spot where foodies will relish the rich palette of flavors. Indeed, it is hard to resist the variety of its gourmet offerings, to remain indifferent to the know-how of its chefs or to ignore the convivial ambiance of its many dining spots.
Beyond culinary pleasures, soak up the sea air and check out secret VIP spots
The air is salty and the climate invigorating. Vast spaces invite you with open arms to relax and recharge. A trip here means stocking up on happiness and great experiences! The quality of life and environmental standards here were recognized in October 2015 when the “Department in Bloom” label was awarded for a five-year period. Across from Saint Malo lies Dinard, a seaside resort known for its bourgeois charm full of hidden spots perched on cliffs that are just as discreet.
– Le Castelbrac*****
A five-star hotel overlooking the bay with the sassy, outsized architecture of a Scottish castle. Each of the 25 rooms and suites with views flirt with the waves and lull you with their exquisite, private ambiance. The eco-designed hotel, which opened in 2015, overlooks Saint Malo bay. Le Castelbrac hotel***** is a luxury hotel that owes its popularity to its location – atop a rocky cliff over crashing waves – and to its history as the hotel was once the aquarium of Commander Charcot. A must-see for its charm and relaxing vibe.
17 avenue George V, Dinard.
– Villa St Raphael
This guest house lies far from the streams of tourists – off the beaten path and close to a small, sandy inlet, it is probably one of the most beautiful homes in Saint Malo. Emmanuelle Delanoe has managed to combine comfort, French chic and contemporary decor in a lush 19th century setting. There is also a gorgeous garden to enjoy your breakfast.
19 Rue des Fours à Chaux , 35400 Saint Malo
The coastal environment of Brittany is full of restorative natural resources: salty air, seawater, sea muds, sand and vitamin-packed algae. The curative powers of seawater and marine climates have been used for therapeutic purposes since Antiquity. Source: Saint Malo Tourism Office
– Les Thermes Marins de Saint-Malo
Combining thalassotherapy and outstanding spa services, Les Thermes Marins de Saint-Malo offers a multitude of face and body treatments to prevent the signs of aging. Clients choose from 10 spa treatments and 14 thalassotherapy treatments; the Sea & Anti-Aging package is a perfect illustration of the well-being approach embraced at Les Thermes Marins. Bespoke solutions, ideal weather conditions, exceptional surroundings and the expertise of a team of world-renowned professionals are here to serve you.
– Phytomer Spa & Wellness
From the eco-friendly building to the treatment rooms and lobby, discover the spa as a visceral event with the intensely relaxing regimens developed by the Phytomer Spa & Wellness team: Experiences. They are designed as wellness interludes rich in sensations for a true journey of the senses.
More info on thalassotherapy & spas in Saint Malo:
– Les Comptoirs de Saint-Malo (Fine foods, hand-made caramels with salted butter, jams, etc. Workshop tour and tasting.)
– La Maison du Beurre by Jean-Yves Bordier, a butter paradise
– Les Brassins de Saint-Malo (microbrewery producing craft beers) www.lesbrassinsdesaintmalo.com/
– Carré Chocolat (chocolate and pastry shop opened by Les Thermes Marins)
– La Maison Guella cookie shop
– Go sailing on a vintage tall ship: Etoile Marine Croisières
– Friends of the Wilful: An 1899 fore-and-aft rigged cutter listed as a national treasure. Set a course for the Emerald Coast: www.wilful.fr
– Sensations Littoral: Sail around the forts and countless islands of Saint Malo Bay: www.sensationslittoral.com + Tour L’étoile du Roy (a replica of a Saint Malo privateer’s frigate from 1745 – a floating museum!)